The Iroquois Beverage Corporation was once the largest brewery in all of Buffalo. Though at the time of its founding in 1842 it was called Jacob Roos Brewery, it was in 1892 that its new owner rebranded under the Iroquois name.
Their manufacturing plant was located between Hickory and Pratt Streets, and over time grew quite large and influential in Western New York. One of the few to survive Prohibition while they crafted soda, they reopened as a full service brewery in April 1933.
Through the next few decades, Iroquois would go on to become a namesake in Western New York. Despite a few attempts to become a nationally recognized brand, Iroquois mostly remained regional until its closing in 1971.
This bottle opener features the Indian head next to the Iroquois name and was made in Cambridge, Massachusetts.